Evaluates and designs manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs.
Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services.
- Maintains product and process database by writing computer programs and entering data.
- Designs structural weldments of signs by developing and testing specifications and methods.
- Evaluates mechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs and applying principles of mechanics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods and properties.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with industry regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Cost estimates for projects and signs that fall outside of the configurator.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter.
- Relevant technological knowledge, and computer savvy.
- Ability to lead and work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Finite Element Analysis experience is a plus.
Education Requirements and Related Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree Preferred.
- Minimum of 2 experience in an engineering discipline
- 3D and 2D Cad Experience using SolidWorks or SolidCAM software Preferred.
- DriveWorks is a plus.
- Experience with Flexi and Enroute is a plus.