Reports to: Engineering Manager
Job Description: Create CNC cutting files, specifications and documentation to plot, cut, route, plasma arc and bend components produced on CNC machines used by production in the fabrication of signage products.
- Create CNC files for a variety of CNC machines using established detailed criteria.
- Review sales work orders for accuracy and communicate if errors are found.
- Review artwork for accuracy and communicate if errors are found.
- Field questions about designs from sales staff & production.
- Determine the sequence of machine operations and select proper cutting tools.
- Determine reference points & machine cutting paths.
- Calculate dimensions of work pieces & products.
- Create documents used by machine operators.
- Determine machine settings.
- Maintain, organize and clean up files stored on servers.
- Maintain communication with machine operators & supervisors on issues as they arise.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Software used: Flexi Expert, Enroute, LED & Neon Wizard & MS Office.
Personal Attributes Necessary: Well organized, very good math skills, mechanically minded, good with three dimensional thought processes, multitasking, attention to detail, verbal communication, confident, critical thinker, analytical, time management, independent worker & problem solver.
Qualifications: Associate's degree in Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) and/or 1 to 2 yers of experience in a CAD or CAD/CAM related field.