Reports to: President
Job Description: Responsible to direct and coordinate all aspects of the sales department, to achieve sales goals, devise and implement sales strategies, forecast sales; recruit, train, and supervise sales staff, and develop customer base, distribution channels, and markets.
- Will develop and implement the annual sales department business plan, using traditional as well as up-to-date sales and marketing methods, in order to achieve sales goals within sales budget and in accordance with company objectives.
- Will develop and implement sales goals and strategies.
- Will recruit, train, direct, supervise, and conduct performance reviews on all sales personnel.
4. Stay current with changing trends, economic indicators, competitors’ strategies, and supply and demand.
- Sales calls on existing and potential customers in conjunction with account representative or individual sales efforts.
- Travel requirements to customers, conventions, training etc. as needed.
- Ensure proper utilization of pricing mechanisms.
- All other duties as assigned by the President.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (or equivalent experience) with a minimum of 5 years’ sales/marketing experience preferably in a manufacturing environment, three of which must be in a management capacity.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to direct sales force and provide leadership in terms of sales, marketing, training, incentives, and discipline.
- Must be able to interact well with all levels of management.
- The ability to uncover new areas and directions for market penetration of company products is essential, as is the ability to organize marketing priorities to coincide with the company’s overall growth plans.
Salary Range: base plus incentives