Build Dakota Scholarship Welder Applicant
Apply to be considered to participate in the Build Dakota Scholarship. Have hands on experience welding while going to school at LATC.
- Carry out instructions from supervisor and complete in goal time.
- Select proper amperage, voltage and wire speed on welder.
- Complete knowledge of cabinet assembly for plastic faces and flexible faces, bracing, raceway installations, mounting provisions, including custom shapes.
- Fabricate standard squares, and rectangles, in steel or aluminum, and circles, ovals and radius corners and other custom shapes - with or without raceways, with all mounting hardware, with very little supervision.
- Construction of molds and jigs for custom shapes when required.
- Help train new employees as requested by supervisor.
- Responsible for filling in for supervisor when not at work. Advise supervisor in making any necessary decisions on custom shape cabinets.
- Some planning and scheduling.
- Good knowledge in proper setting for welding and spot welding.
- Regular and preventative maintenance on welders, equipment, and hand tools used in department.
- Record all materials used on shop drawings.
- All work to comply with company quality standards and to be done in goal time.
- Quality control check sheet to be filled out and initialed on all work orders.
14. Keep accurate daily job ticket and record all materials used on work order.
Physical requirements: Must be able to stand all day, and lift up to 50 lbs.
PPE Required: Safety Glasses, steel toed shoes, and welding helmet, leathers, gloves, and ear plugs.