Fri Oct 6, 2023
Job Description: Professionally supervise all areas of manufacturing process to meet objective in volume, costing, quality standards, and delivery.
Major Job Functions:
- Productivity: Ensure work load is scheduled properly and work force is supervised effectively to meet targeted ship dates within budget while achieving company objectives, maintain consistently high levels of quality and aggressive lead times. Continually examine all areas of the production process to improve profit margins with budgetary guidelines and acceptable R.O.I. Closely review gross profit figures for any variance to minimum acceptable margins, and take corrective action as necessary. Provide environment for effective employee training on quality, and productivity standards. Maximize investment in all resources.
- Expense and Inventory Control: Control expenses for production department to pre-determined budget levels or below. Take active role in controlling material, labor, and overhead costs. Manage inventory to achieve maximum efficiency of investment in raw materials, including receipt, handling, processing and recording.
- Employee Relations: Ensure that all merit reviews for production employees are meaningful and held in a timely manner. Utilize merit review system as a training tool to help each production employee improve their performance through individual goal setting and accountability. Apply employee handbook policies in a fair and equitable manner.
- Safety and Maintenance: Ensure compliance with government regulations including OSHA and EPA standards, and all company safety policies. Provide structure for effective training for all employees regarding the proper care and use of all tools, equipment, machinery and plant facilities, safety of all employees, and plant visitors.
- Communication: Carry out all company policies, communications, and instructions from supervisor in a positive manner. Maintain highest level of integrity and be a positive role model in all areas. Ensure communication and cooperation among department heads to maximize efficiency, teamwork, productivity, and error avoidance. Ensure all job orders, daily time tickets, purchase requisitions, and other paperwork are processed through the production department in a timely manner within quality standards.
- Management Team: Active involvement in the management team, which defines the direction of the company. Carry out assigned duties to help achieve corporate goals, objectives, and strategies.