Mon Aug 7, 2023
Major Job Duties:
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade data processing, information systems, electronic communications, and data retrieval on Epicor system.
- Provide support, guidance and counsel regarding information systems, data management, hardware/software acquisitions or application, and electronic communications systems.
- Maintain current documentation on current systems and software.
- Maintain hardware, software, and outside support contacts as necessary to realize optimum performance and reliability at the most practical cost.
- Administer data base security company-wide. Maintain procedures in cooperation with management relating to IT security issues.
- Perform system preventative maintenance tasks, and monitor equipment on a regular basis.
- Respond to user needs relating to hardware malfunction or additional equipment in a timely fashion, maintain stocks of common equipment that fails such as keyboards, mice, power supplies, video cards, and hard drives.
- Perform software installation of all necessary systems and applications including upgrades and new releases on all applicable computer systems.
- Maintain standardization of software programs and releases in a manner, which will ensure compatibility among all users.
- Install and maintain as necessary network software, both system and application.
- Perform all necessary system operator tasks as required.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of all sensitive data including employee and financial records.
- Ensure system is secure from “hackers” and viruses.
- Training applications for users as necessary.
- Conduct internal audits of software and licensing to maintain compliance.
- Carry out all instructions from supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of Cisco Meraki firewalls, Barracuda spam filter hardware, Windows Server 2003 and 2008, 2012 R2, and 2016, Exchange Server 2013, Microsoft SQL 2012, Windows 98, XP, Vista, and 7, and 10.
- Experience in networking with TCP/IP in LAN and WAN environments
- Knowledge of the following software: VMWare, Lansweeper, Robocopy
- Knowledge of Desktop and laptop hardware.
- Experience in installation, configuration, performance tuning, and capacity planning of Windows Operating Systems
- An understanding or TCP/IP routing, DNS, and firewalls
- Knowledge of HP programmable switches
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and a strong analytical ability.